At Mayse bakery we use bran because
Nutritionally, bran fractions produced by milling are rich in fibre, minerals, vitamin B6, thiamine,
folate and vitamin E and some phytochemicals, in particular antioxidants such as phenolic compounds.
Bran is used in the production of brown and wholemeal flours.
The bran fraction has higher antioxidant activity than other milled fractions.
It has been suggested that the antioxidant phytochemicals found in wheat bran, and that this
consequently plays a role in reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as CVD and cancer.
Other biologically important components in wholegrain fractions include sulphur containing amino
acids.Wheat bran and wheat germ fractions also contain almost all of the B-group vitamins: thiamine,
riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, biotin and folates,
1. Phytic acid and wheat bran
2. Dietary fibre and wheat bran
3. Wheat consumption in the diet
4. Dietary fibre and wheat bran intakes
5. Wheat bran reduce risk of cancer
6. Wheat bran and obesity
7. Wheat bran and digestive health
8. Wheat bran as a prebiotic